***A date has now been set for 1st Communions in the autumn. ***
In order for your child to make his/her 1st communion, the following is necessary:
- You and your child attend weekly Sunday Mass in St Brigid’s
- Your child had been baptised and has made his/her 1st confession
- You have applied to the parish for 1st communion
- The school have been informed that you have applied to the parish for 1st communion/ your child has completed the school workbook
- Your child has completed the two All Stars’ catechism club sessions in the parish.
It is of the utmost importance that if weekly attendance at Mass has fallen by the wayside you rectify this as a matter of priority. Only when children are regularly at Sunday Mass with their families (and for a steady period of six months or more) will they be able to receive their First Holy Communion.